Writing Circle, an 8-week class with Andrew Gaboury
stay tuned for the return of writers circle in 2021!
About the Class
This 8-week writing class will be led by Andrew Gaboury.
The purpose of this course is simply to put pen to paper, or fingers to keys. You will embrace stream of consciousness and write with abandon to escape the clutches of your inner critic. You will acknowledge and discover your natural creativity. As you define a healthy writing practice, you will explore various writing forms to help widen your creative vision. This class will touch upon fiction, poetry, plays and screenplays, zines, and comics. As the course progresses there will be time set aside for sharing and feedback.
Each class will be a combination of writing prompts, a guided “lecture” facilitated by Andrew, group or solo writing time, and sharing circles every other week.
This class is a flat rate of $80 for 8 classes, subsidized by Frog in Hand to be only $10 per lesson.
What you will need:
Zoom access and a webcam
Writing implements (pens, pencils, erasers, computer)
Books (of any kind) close by
Paper (computer paper or lined)
Section 1: Fiction
• CLASS ONE – Stream of Consciousness & Self Reflection & Narrative Styles
• CLASS TWO – Genres & World Building & Sharing
Section 2: Poetry
• CLASS THREE – Poetry, Metaphor & the Senses
• CLASS FOUR – Free Verse, Beat & Spoken Word & Sharing
Section 3: Plays & Screenplays
• CLASS FIVE – Playwriting vs. Screenwriting
• CLASS SIX – Dialogue & Sharing
Section 4: Zines & Comics
• CLASS SEVEN – Intro. to ‘Zines & Comics
• CLASS EIGHT – Zines & Comics & Sharing
Please contact us if you have any questions about the class!
Our first edition: October 14 to December 2, 2020, is SOLD OUT, but it will return in 2021!
Join our mailing list to be kept in the know.