Grant Writing Basics: An Online Workshop with Colleen Snell
Back by popular demand! Put your kettle on, sharpen your pencil, and join us for this synchronous/asynchronous hybrid grant writing class.
...The workshop was well-crafted and structured.
It is clear that Colleen comes from years of experience. Not only did she thoroughly breakdown the process of writing a grant (including tips and how to approach each section), but she offered personal examples throughout from her many successful projects."
- Grant Writing workshop participant
This class runs regularly throughout the year, and private grant coaching is available. Follow us on Eventbrite for the next workshop, or reach out for more info.
About the Class
Whether you are writing a grant for the first time, or looking to brush up your grant writing knowledge, this 2-hour session is for you. Led by Frog in Hand's Artistic Director, Colleen Snell, this session will cover:
- Anatomy of a grant (a basic universal grant structure: OAC, CCA & others)
- Crafting language for a jury
- Representing artistic ideas in writing
- Where (and how) to start the grant process
- Reframing "success" (managing failure)
- Tips for editing
We will focus on writing a project grant.
Frog in Hand's Artistic Director, Colleen Snell will lead this workshop.
Here's how it works:
1. When you register you'll receive a link to a 2-hour video - our pre-recorded grant writing workshop
2. You'll write down your questions for Colleen!
3. Join Colleen and class participants in a zoom session to discuss your questions and have a discussion about the workshop content.
Colleen brings over eight years of grant writing experience, having written successful grants for the Canada Council of the Arts, Ontario Arts Council, City of Mississauga, Government of Canada, Ontario Trillium, Canada Community Foundations and more. She has also been "on the other side," assessing the submissions of her peers. Colleen has organized multi-arts festivals and large-scale site-specific projects with multiple funding sources, and has experience with both project and operating grants. Colleen is a passionate grant writer and enthusiast of the English language, approaching her process with a sense of playfulness and urgency. She believes in the power of words, and is excited to help other folks discover this power in themselves!
Past versions of this workshop were sold-out successes! We met wonderful folks with great questions and passion for the arts. Our last sessions in Fall 2021 and Winter 2022 held at the perfect time to help folks prep for important grants! Join us next time - follow our Eventbrite page.